Pagina en Español: PDF
La Casa de Amistad’s Immigration Legal Services program is recognized by the Board of Immigration Appeals* (BIA), of the US Department of Justice, to provide high-quality, low-cost immigration legal consultations, representation, and assistance to immigrants of all nationalities, orientations, and religious backgrounds in need of affordable immigration services.
Our agency is an affiliate of CLINIC (Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.) and we employ a full-time BIA Accredited Representative and immigration counseling staff. We also receive technical, legal support from local immigration attorneys.
La Casa de Amistad’s immigration services and programs foster inclusion, promote integration, and strengthen our community as we help individuals, unite families, and support immigrants in their move forward along the path to citizenship, bringing more stability and investment in our community.
Immigration Legal Services
All Year Round
Our bilingual BIA Accredited Representative and staff provide counseling, assistance, and representation for the following immigration benefits:
- Petitions for family members (I-130)
- Consular Processing
- Adjustment of Status (I-485)
- Naturalization (N400)
- Acquired and Derived Citizenship (N600)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA – First Time & Renewals)
- Green Card Renewals (I-90)
- Work Permit Renewals (I-765)
- Affidavits of Support (I-864)
- U-Visas for victims of violent crime and more
- Call us at 574-233-2120 for Immigration Legal Services and appointments. For complex cases requiring services outside our scope of practice, we refer to local immigration attorneys as needed.
Classes are Ten Weeks and Offered 3 Times a Year
Our FREE Citizenship Classes thoroughly prepare qualified Legal Permanent Residents for every aspect of the naturalization interview and exam. We follow a successful curriculum, taught by Indiana Accredited ELL teachers.
Our Citizenship Program boasts a 100 % pass rate of the USCIS Naturalization test and interview among the students graduating our bilingual citizenship classes, since the beginning of the program in 2007. The classes are offered in English (and in Spanish for those qualifying for the Naturalization interview in their native language). That’s over 400 US citizens and counting, over the past 10 years! In addition, these classes have produced US Citizens from over 28 countries around the world. Call us at 574-233-2120 for Citizenship Class information and Registration.
Policy Awareness and Advocacy
All Year Round
We host immigration policy and procedures public information sessions and citizenship workshops in conjunction with USCIS. We also work with local leaders on immigration advocacy efforts in Northern Indiana.
* The Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) is the highest government authority for administering immigration law, and authorizes qualified individuals to provide legal advice and services regarding immigration. Only BIA accredited representatives are qualified to give you immigration advice, after extensive training to receive this accreditation. Please only seek assistance from an attorney or a BIA accredited representative. Do not accept help from “notarios” or other unqualified individuals.
We accept credit card payments via Paypal.